Friday, July 11, 2008

A question for you

So, one of my adolescent lit. assignments is to consider: what are the top 5
problems teens face? I'm curious about what you think and I'm supposed to get others' opinions.

My first thoughts are:
1. desire to fit a body image
2. grades
3. struggle for more freedoms
4. peer pressure to drink/do drugs
5. pressures about sex

Would you have something different? Would you rank these differently?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My ranking for top problems facing teens would be:

1. Body image
2. Pressure/desire to be in a relationship and/or have sex
3. Peer pressure to drink/do drugs
4. Relationship with family (maybe this would be struggle for freedoms)
5. grades

jennie said...

I would agree that family needs to be on the list, also body image may actually be a little high on the list, unless it's just for girls. I would suggest the list might be...
1. Relationships with family & friends
2. grades/school
3. Peer pressure: sex
4. Peer Pressure: drugs/alcohol
5. Fear of future