Thursday, July 24, 2008

Furniture!

Our furniture arrived today! What do you ladies think? We're pleased with it - this isn't the arrangement it will be in but due to my sister's things taking up the other half of the room, we can't arrange it yet.
Do you have any thoughts on curtains that would look good in this room?

4 comments:

jennie said...

WOW!!! Your new furniture is beautiful--it's so sleek and modern, yet comfortable looking, too. It looks awesome in the room with the paint and everything. I think curtains are one of those things that you don't realize how much of an impact they make until you get them, at least that's what I found in our bedroom. I think you can go several ways. You could go with a green-ish color that blends in with the walls and places more focus on the furniture or you could find something with a subtle pattern that incorporates the green and brown together. I found that Target has nice drapes as does Ikea (although I don't think there's one that close to you). Macys and Bed, Bath & Beyond probably really have some nice stuff, but it might be on the pricier side. No matter what I think the room will look fabulous. I can't wait to see it in person.
PS Is your sister still living with you? What's happening with that?

colleenbon said...

Hi Andrea,
I think it all looks gorgeous! What about something like natural, light wheat colored linen curtains with the details Jenn talked about? They'd have nice texture, I think they'd look nice with the walls and the couch colors. That way you bring light into the room to contrast the darker furniture. Just a though. I can't wait to have a chance to come see it all.

Andrea said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies! I'm quite excited by our choice. I'm thinking I am going to look for something that either are cream/light brown or a green and brown combo. I'll let you know if I have any luck.
I bought a rug yesterday at TJ Maxx that is mainly a chocolate brown background with this twisty off-white and tan branch with small, bulby flowers. Maybe I'll have to post a picture so you can see...

jennie said...

Yes, yes, yes! Post a picture of the run so wee can see it! It sounds beautiful!